Sanllehi : I've no anger, I'll always be a Gooner!

Former Arsenal head of football Raul Sanllehi says there is no bad blood amid his exit. The club announced Sanllehi's departure abruptly, as there was no indication he was set to move on after three years at the club. But Saturday was the end of his tenure, with Vinai Venkatesham absorbing his responsibilities as managing director. "It is with mixed feelings that I end my professional relationship with Arsenal. As said, many mixed (and contradictory) feelings arise, from deep sadness to full pride and gratefulness to have been given the opportunity to work in such a special club alongside the best professionals and human beings I've met over my 25 years in the industry," Sanllehi said in a statement released by Gooner Talk. "I will continue a Gooner for the rest of my days, and I will be celebrating every goal and title they (we) achieve in the coming years. "I said I had many contradictory feelings at this time, many, but one I don't have is anger. Not at all! "Of course I feel frustrated and powerless but I also have the certainty I gave my best work and effort to bring this club back where it belongs." Sanllehi though has become "disillusioned" with the club's decision to let go more than 50 members of staff in light of the coronavirus pandemic, reports the Telegraph. One of those was renowned scout Francis Cagigao - the man who helped find talents like Cesc Fabregas. And the former Arsenal chief feels as though player recruitment this summer will be greatly hampered by the decision to axe several highly though of members of staff.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ban loom: Juventus has suspended Paul Pogba after he was tested positive (testosterone)

Reported Arsenal injury news, Thomas Partey, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Reiss Nelson all captured in the update

Official: Runar Alex Runarsson signs for Arsenal