Diaby: I' m Not Song's Replacement, I want To Attack

Diaby says he is Arsenal’s Yaya Toure not Alex Song by AM

Abou Diaby has hogged the limelight with his superlative performance against Liverpool. Following Alex Song’s departure to Barcelona, there were questions about who is going to take up the role vacated by him. Diaby says that Coquelin and Arteta are the ones who will step into Song’s shoes, while he will be Arsenal’s Yaya Toure. The Frenchman said – “In our teams, Yaya Toure and me have similar roles. I am not Alex Song. We have many players who can take his place like Francis Coquelin or Mikel Arteta, who likes to play deep. I want to get forward – that’s me.


“I have defensive duties as well so I need to have a good shape defensively and, as soon as we get the ball, go forward.
“I have to thank the manager because I have had tremendous support and as a player it is really important to have that support. Support from your team-mates as well – I have to say that during this period they helped a lot.”

Along with Diaby, Arteta was brilliant as well at Anfield. His positional sense was excellent and he covered for the full-backs really well.

Arteta’s defensive capabilities have provided Diaby the perfect platform to go on his adventurous and powerful forward runs. Diaby does have lot of resemblance to Toure in the way he plays. His lanky legs, easy dribbling and good upper body strength are similar to the Manchester City man. If Diaby can stay away from the medical room, he might finally come close to replacing the man he was predicted to replace many years ago – Patrick Viera.
Read more at http://justarsenal.com/diaby-im-not-replacing-alex-song-i-want-to-attack/16082#o3O7xEf6IrPVu0vB.99

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ban loom: Juventus has suspended Paul Pogba after he was tested positive (testosterone)

Reported Arsenal injury news, Thomas Partey, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Reiss Nelson all captured in the update

Official: Runar Alex Runarsson signs for Arsenal