Wilshere Hopes For Walcott Resolution

Jack Wilshere has urged Arsene Wenger and Theo Walcott to reach a quick conclusion regarding the Arsenal winger's future.

 Former Southampton man Walcott has been in protracted contract talks with the Gunners, with a deal yet to be reached and uncertainty clouding his future at the Emirates Stadium. But teammate Wilshere believes it is imperative that manager Wenger retains the England international, who scored in Arsenal's 2-2 Champions League draw at Schalke on Tuesday.

 "Theo has been great," Wilshere told The Evening Standard. "His future is down to him and the boss to sort out.
I hope he does sign. "He has been great for us. He's an English lad and great to have around." Wilshere has recently returned from injury after nearly 18 months on the sidelines, but picked up a red card against Manchester United that has ruled him out of Arsenal's Premier League match against Fulham this weekend. 

"I am gutted to miss Fulham after being out for so long," Wilshere said. "It's disappointing to miss any game but if I think about it another way, maybe it will be good for me to have a little break and come back for the Tottenham game (a week later). "It is difficult (to be out for so long) for any player and especially for me — I was 19 and just breaking into the footballing world and coming into the team.

 "To have a setback like that was heartbreaking but now I'm back. "Last night (against Schalke), I felt better than I did over the weekend and the weekend before that, so I am feeling better after each game. "It's a long season, so I need to take it easy a bit but I am looking forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ban loom: Juventus has suspended Paul Pogba after he was tested positive (testosterone)

Reported Arsenal injury news, Thomas Partey, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Reiss Nelson all captured in the update

Official: Runar Alex Runarsson signs for Arsenal