Arsenal fans will need to be patient with Sanogo but he’ll be worth it.

When will Sanogo’s time come?
For a long period of time in the summer transfer window, young French under 21 international striker Yaya Sanogo was Arsenal’s only signing and for a long time it looked as if he may be our only signing. However a move for ex-Gunner Mathieu Flamini and deadline day deals for Mesut Ozil and Emiliano Viviano quickly changed all that and suddenly Sanogo was all but forgotten.
But it hasn’t been long since then and Sanogo has already found himself in the limelight with Arsenal this season with a few appearances during the Emirates Cup, Champions League and the Premier League. Despite not scoring yet, Sanogo is still confident he can make it in England and rightly so, because if anyone doubts his ability at such an early stage into the transition to life at Arsenal then it’s plain ridiculous, especially at his tender age.
Wenger must have had strong belief in Sanogo to bring him to the Emirates because although he was a free transfer (not including some regulation fees regarding bosman deals on young players) from Ligue 2 side Auxerre, Sanogo has already sustained some serious injury problems over his career so far. However like so many players its important they don’t give up and that’s exactly what Sanogo recognises. The Frenchman spoke in an interview with Le10Sport, and Sky Sports picked out these quotes:
Sanogo said, “I know my time will come. I am patient and I am working hard every day. I tell myself that I’m only 20, I have to keep working to gain experience. I have been with Arsenal for two months now and I am adapting well to England and starting to get my bearings. In training, there are only great players, so you can only move forward.
“Arsenal is a great club, but even if I am only a small part of it I am a player like all the others. I have two eyes and two feet like them.”
It will take some time for the young striker to settle in, however with the amount of playing time Wenger has given him so far and the fact that we don’t have too many centre forwards in our squad, I think Sanogo could feature quite a lot this season. Obviously he will mainly play in the domestic cup competitions however a few premier league games are a certainty at some point during the season and like Sanogo himself, everyone is wishing for him to impress!
Don’t forget, Gooners, that it took Olivier Giroud time to get going last season, and he was already proven in the French leagues. Have faith and Sanogo could soon start to go go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ban loom: Juventus has suspended Paul Pogba after he was tested positive (testosterone)

Reported Arsenal injury news, Thomas Partey, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Reiss Nelson all captured in the update

Official: Runar Alex Runarsson signs for Arsenal