Giroud Asks Arsenal Fans For TIme To Settle In

Giroud Asks Arsenal Fans For TIme To Settle In Published on: August 20, 2012 Olivier Giroud has urged Arsenal fans to show patience as he looks to step out from Robin van Persie’s shadow. Giroud could have made the difference after coming off the bench in the second half against Sunderland but when the big chance came, the French striker rushed his shot and fired wide. However, after his 21 goals helped Montpellier to the Ligue 1 title last season, the 25-year-old is confident things will all soon fall into place with Arsenal. ‘It was a game ball, but the coach told me that I had not to worry about it,’ said Giroud, signed in a £13million deal. ‘This could have been the dream start, but in Montpellier, I did not score for my first game, so I am not worried. Here, I will have plenty of chances and I will score.’ Giroud added: ‘Last season was wonderful here for Robin, but before that, he took time to settle. ‘I am just asking people to be a little patient with me. ‘I am not here to make people forget Robin, because he has made beautiful things here, but I just want to bring something new. ‘However, I am under no more pressure than that, because if I think about that when I go onto the field, I will play with the handbrake on. ‘I know Arsenal is a great club and needs a striker ready and efficient quickly. ‘I need games to get confidence, and it is up to me to succeed.’ Wenger said after the game that Arsenal lacked balance in attack against Sunderland, which Giroud believes that is something which can easily be rectified. ‘It is true that we do not always cross on the first chance, but it is something we have to work on,’ he said. ‘This is important for us because teams come here to defend and we often got the possession. We need be more effective in the final pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matteo Guendouzi has made a switch to Hertha Berlin.

Chicharito To Arsenal as RVP Moves To ManU

Why Debuchy is perfect replacement for Sagna at Arsenal